Posted on April 10, 2013
Jodie Lyons| April 9th 2013
I think we can all agree that at one point or another, we have all wanted to be Alexa Chung. From her gorgeous hair and bone structure to her fabulous career, she’s definitely an inspiration of mine. While I can’t help you magically transform yourself into this lovely Brit, I can help you imitate her expensive style for a lot less!
Alexa has an incredibly versatile and unique look, and as spring is finally beginning to show itself here in the Chi, I think we’re all itching to shop for a new, fresh wardrobe (my kind of spring cleaning!) These two looks are perfect for our windy city, as it’s unfortunately still a little too cold for short sleeves, but just warm enough to bare some skin.
Spring is one of the most exciting seasons for me because I finally get to bring color back into my life!
Get your money’s worth for your winter clothes and don’t pack them away quite yet! Alexa’s look here is perfect for transitioning some of your darker fall and winter pieces into spring.
If you’re feeling daring, the spring is a great time to try out a fresh new hairstyle! Chop off that long hair and go for something updated and chic that will keep you cool in the warm weather. Get Alexa’s look by asking for collarbone length with long
layers and a full fringe/bang. Add some mousse before blowdrying, rough it up a bit with some texturizing gel and you’re ready to rock Alexa’s famous locks!
Posted on March 18, 2013
Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA for quite some time. I went right from planning and executing the fashion show, to casually dying during the last two weeks with finals. After Tuesday, it’s smooth sailing and I’ll be releasing some pretty cool features. As you may have noticed, we have a new website! I love the new layout and hope you do too.
Anyway, two of my favorite things for this coming Spring season, which is hopefully right around the corner, are adorable spring skirts and crew neck sweatshirts. I love the mixture of ultra feminine pieces paired with something of an urban edge. The patterns I have been seeing around stores on skirts are new and refreshing, not to mention incredibly versatile for summer. Personally, I like to wear guys crewnecks over the girls versions. They are a bit looser and pair well with almost any bottom. Urban Outfitters has a great selection. If this look seems a little boxy to you or does not fit your body type right, try it with a cropped sweatshirt to show off your waist. I rounded up my favorite skirts and sweatshirts for this season below:
1. IC Popsicle Crewneck $68.00
2. Milly Piped Pencil Skirt $245.00
3. Saint Alfred $78.00
4. Rag & Bone Niki Flare Skirt $395.00
5. 10Deep Paradise Crew $128.00
6. Parker Bri Skirt $297.00
7. 10Deep SP13 Nightwork Crew $96.00
8. 10Deep SP13 Nightwork Crew- Navy Roses $96.00
9. Club Monaco Kate Printed Peplum Skirt $129.50
10. TOPSHOP Comic Pop Art Sweat $60.00
11. Club Monaco Cecilia Skirt $129.50
12. TOPSHOP Snake Sweat by Boutique $160.00
13. Adidas C90 Art Fleece Top $ 80.00
14. TOPSHOP Floral Hip Skater Skirt $ 76.00
15. Rook FastFood Crew Sweatshirt $54.00
16. Sparkle & Fade Embossed Scuba Skirt $49.00
17. Lazy Oaf Pattern Sleeve Crew Sweatshirt $54.00
18. Urban Outfitters, Biggie King of NYC crew sweatshirt $54.00
19. Pins and Needles Textured Circle Skirt $49.00
20. Urban Outfitters Polka Red Stripe Crew Sweatshirt $54.00
21. Fire Tropical Woven Circle Skirt $49.00