Posted on February 24, 2014
We all long for the hair we see in the latest issue of ELLE or Vogue, but the ultimate hair we lust after is lightly tousled, has mega body, and seems for the most part, unattainable without a trip to our nearest blow out bar. While we might not be able to get the body of a Victoria’s Secret model, her hair isn’t that far out of reach. Look great for your next date in six simple steps:
1. Take the front section of hair, demonstrated on Miranda in the photo above, and roll it away from your forehead at a 45 degree angle with a boar bristle brush. Once it is dry, sweep it to the side.
2. Take a volumizing spray and lightly spritz on roots to mid-way down hair and roughly dry your hair.
3. Always start at the top of your head and work your way down to the under layers. While we tend to go the opposite way, it actually deflates our hair and causes the top layers to lay flat. Dry hair in three to four inch sections with the same boar bristle round brush. Celeb hairstylist Matt Fugate says to go in the same 45 degree direction and pull hair up towards the ceiling, and then flip the hair under to gain that epic body we all want.
4. When a section is completely dry, twist the hair into a loose rope and roll it down against your hair and bobby pin it into place.
5. Let hair cool for 20 minutes. Once cool, flip your head over and rough up your hair while using your blow dryer on its lowest setting to heat your hair up again. This helps to break up solid waves and create a sexy, but tousled look.
6. Flip hair back over and mist with a light hairspray.
Easy, simple, done. All together, it takes about a half hour. I grabbed these steps a while back out of an ELLE hair magazine and have stuck with it ever since. If you decide to give it a whirl, let me know how it goes!
Posted on February 6, 2014
The color gold is associated with luxury and elegance…sounds like something we would all like to associate ourselves with, right? The gals over at goldplaited Finishing Salon want to glam you up with the Gold Standard for the upcoming For The Sake Of Fashion Show.
StreetStyleChi is giving away a Gold Standard package that includes the super model treatment: a dry style and make up application, which would usually cost you about $65, and a set of front row tickets to the upcoming show on March 8th.
Once you get primped and pampered, head over to the For The Sake Of Fashion Show and sit front row VIP with one fashionable friend.
Entry is easy, head over to Rafflecopter and follow a few simple rules to enter.
Good luck and stay fashionable!
Additionally, goldplaited has been nice enough to sponsor the For The Sake Of Fashion Show, and put together a special hair and make up package for attendees, with a percent of the proceeds being donated to UNICEF. Contact goldplaited at 773-880-9180, 2803 North Sheffield Avenue.
Category: Beauty, Chicago, Chicago Fashion, Chicago Street Style, College, College Fashion, DePaul, DePaul University, Fashion, Inspiration, Loyola, Uncategorized Tagged: Beauty, Blowout, Columbia University, DePaul University, fashion show, fashion show giveaway, For the Sake of Fashion, front row, giveaway, Gold Standard, Goldplaited, Loyola University, make up, tickets
Posted on January 9, 2014
It’s Thursday. In Chicago, Thursday seems to be the new Friday, and therefore, everyone is prepping and primping to go out. Personally, my blowout never looks as good when I do it myself. A professional blowout provides the bounce and volume of a Victoria’s Secret style mane, and quite frankly nothing makes a girl feel better than that.
That’s where Goldplaited comes in. Blowouts can run upwards of $60, and as much as I love my hair, I can not, and will not, pay for that whenever I have something worthy of a blowout. Goldplaited offers a blowout (with a head massage!) for $38, and a dry style for $30. What sets Goldplaited apart from other finishing salons? They also offer make up services. Located right in the heart of Lincoln Park, it could not be any better.
Personally, I’ve been to Goldplaited a few times and would highly recommend it. Mal and Corinna, the sisters who founded this posh spot, are so nice and it feels like you’re right at home with your best girlfriends. The blowout lasts for about two days if you sleep with it the right way. Appointments fill up pretty quickly on the weekends so I would call and snatch one up while you can.
Goldplaited, 773-880-9180. 2803 North Sheffield Avenue.