Zaul Zamora has the job we all wish we could get. He is a jack of all trades in the media and fashion industry. Building himself up as a recognized stylist, he continues to style, and is also a merchandiser and social media master for Nice Kicks. Zamora is showing us his favorite spots in Austin, Texas.
Austin is a young city and is all about going out and being social, that’s why people talk so well about the city. We love to socialize and enjoy our happy hours, good friends, and being outdoors whether it’s taking in a concert or checking out a new restaurant.
1. Volstead/Hotel Vegas (Dance party hot boxin)
With the growing popularity of East 6 street, you have more & more choices of great spots to check out in this area. You can find some of the best dance parties here featuring local DJ’s to help you sweat the alcohol out. With a great outdoor seating area located in the rear that connects the two bars, it’s the perfect spot to cool off and enjoy a summer night with friends. Connected to Hotel Vegas, you have the choice of atmospheres with more of a relax spot with billiards tables great for groups of friends.
1.Yellow Jacket Social Club http://www.yellowjacketsocialclub.com/
A gem on the East side you can easily spend your whole day here with great drinks and food. Hosting everything from Sunday brunch, mechanical bull contests to an annual petting zoo on Easter, YJ feels like you’re hanging out at a friend’s backyard.
1.Stag- http://www.stagaustin.com/ Located on South Congress, Stag is a classic take on clothes that are upscale casual & rugged with a subtle vintage inspiration. With a nice selection of high-end denim and cut & sew pieces from Double RL, Pendleton & Saturday Surf NYC, it’s easy to get lost in here.
2. By George http://www.bygeorgeaustin.com/ A stock list that rivals some of the best in the world, I’ve been shopping there for years and love the quality of garments & service. Top of the line in every category from clothing, shoes to accessories, with two locations, each store has its own identity catering to each consumer style & personality. If I had a girlfriend best believe we’d go shopping here. APC, Rag & Bone & Common Projects are some of my favorite lines carried here.
3.Nice Kicks www.nicekicks.com Cmon?! Where else would you go for cool sneakers than the source of it all! Great staff with the knowledge of every shoe just about ever made, the boys are battle tested! Even if kicks aren’t your thing, they house some of the best streetwear brands in the industry.
4.No Comply (Local Skateshop)http://www.nocomplyatx.com/ Skate owned Skate operated, these guys have created the skate culture in Austin for years. Owned by former pro skater Elias Bingham, the shop caters to core skate kid with brands like Palace, Fucking Awesome and others only found in top tier accounts. Recently expanded the shop not only added more square feet of goods, but a partnership with local coffee shop Flat Track to house a remote location
1. Parkside- (Dinner/HH) http://parkside-austin.com/ This is my go-to spot in Austin, located right on 6 St. you are in the heart of downtown. The menu has great options form their raw bar & a constantly rotating menu lets you choose depending on your mood. A great date spot or a quick pop in for a drink and some apps, voted one of the best Mac & Cheese’s in the country, it’s hard to not eat here with that reputation.
2. Veracruz Taco House (Trailer) http://www.yelp.com/biz/veracruz-all-natural-austin The best taco stand in Town hands down. Using all natural ingredients and voted one of the best taco spots by Rachel Ray, this place is worth the trip.
3.Uchiko http://uchiaustin.com/uchiko If I had the money, I would eat here every day! The quality of sushi is amazing, using only the best, you leave in a euphoric state. No matter what you order, whether you’re familiar with the dish or not, you will not regret it. Half the items I can’t pronounce but know will blow me away.
1.Barton Springs Pool- On any given sunny day no matter what time of day it is, you can find this spot full of sun seekers & pool loungers. The water is cold year round even when its 110 degrees out which makes it the perfect spot to cool off, relax and people watch.
2. Alamo Draft house- Moives Food & Booze…Need I say more. Alamo Draft house is the only place to watch a movie in town and will make you never go back to a big cinema. Limited seating and strict rules makes this place a gem for a movie experience.
3. Houndstooth Coffee http://www.houndstoothcoffee.com/ Best baristas in town when it comes to beans. They have educated me in the way of coffees for months now & can be very intimidating at times. Located under the Frost Tower in the heart of downtown you can forget you’re in the middle of the city with the natural wood décor and warm music & lighting.
Category: Food, Inspiration, Uncategorized Tagged: Austin, Complete, dining, food, hangout, Nice Kicks, sneakers, social, Texas, travel, Zaul Zamora
No Instagram images were found.
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.