We all long for the hair we see in the latest issue of ELLE or Vogue, but the ultimate hair we lust after is lightly tousled, has mega body, and seems for the most part, unattainable without a trip to our nearest blow out bar. While we might not be able to get the body of a Victoria’s Secret model, her hair isn’t that far out of reach. Look great for your next date in six simple steps:
1. Take the front section of hair, demonstrated on Miranda in the photo above, and roll it away from your forehead at a 45 degree angle with a boar bristle brush. Once it is dry, sweep it to the side.
2. Take a volumizing spray and lightly spritz on roots to mid-way down hair and roughly dry your hair.
3. Always start at the top of your head and work your way down to the under layers. While we tend to go the opposite way, it actually deflates our hair and causes the top layers to lay flat. Dry hair in three to four inch sections with the same boar bristle round brush. Celeb hairstylist Matt Fugate says to go in the same 45 degree direction and pull hair up towards the ceiling, and then flip the hair under to gain that epic body we all want.
4. When a section is completely dry, twist the hair into a loose rope and roll it down against your hair and bobby pin it into place.
5. Let hair cool for 20 minutes. Once cool, flip your head over and rough up your hair while using your blow dryer on its lowest setting to heat your hair up again. This helps to break up solid waves and create a sexy, but tousled look.
6. Flip hair back over and mist with a light hairspray.
Easy, simple, done. All together, it takes about a half hour. I grabbed these steps a while back out of an ELLE hair magazine and have stuck with it ever since. If you decide to give it a whirl, let me know how it goes!